You are the greatest magician in the Sublunar World. It is not enough. As a rare Conjunction approaches, immortality is within reach. But the gods have noticed you trying to unlock the doors of heaven. Some demand you ascend–or else–while others plot your destruction. There are only two paths for you now, archmage: immortality or annihilation.
"Tower Behind the Moon" is a 400,000-word interactive epic fantasy novel by Kyle Marquis, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transcend your mortal state one month from now, in the tower where your magic is strongest. Miss this celestial conjunction and you will die. As you prepare for your ascension, however, you battle increasing dangers.
Your tower is your sanctum, but also a target for enemies you've made over a lifetime of treasure hunting, sorcery, and war. Angels and demons haunt your workshop while mortal princes demand favors and concessions. Your servants–themselves half-gods or more–fight for your attention and scheme to claim the tower for themselves. And the wretched shade of your mentor, who failed to ascend, hints that something out of your past plans to destroy your future.
You hold the keys to heaven, hell, and the outer darkness. You just need to find the door.
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary, gay, straight, bi, or ace.
• Choose from five different magical paths, each with unique servants and spells.
• Travel from the forgotten castles of the underworld to heaven’s crooked back-alleys.
• Face mad dragons, ruthless angels, cultists, and whole kingdoms of the dead.
• Be dreadful and monstrous, or subtle and ruthless.
• Uncover the true history of your tower, your mentor, and your long-lost adventuring companions.
• Maintain your humanity or abandon the fetters of reason.
• Comfort the afflicted or vaporize the annoying.
• Dare to seek love at the end of your mortal existence.
• Become a demon, a god, an undead lich, a shining immortal, or a living continent–if you succeed.
Your weapon: magic. Your enemy: the gods. Your goal: immortality.
Bug fixes. If you enjoy "Tower Behind the Moon", please leave us a written review. It really helps!